ASSAM POWER DISTRIBUTION COMPANY. LTD.
Assam Power Distribution Company Limited (APDCL) is a public limited company wholly owned by the Government of Assam. It was incorporated on the 23rd day of October 2009 and has been registered under Indian Companies Act 1956.The main purpose of forming the Company was to take over, manage and operate the electricity distribution system, assets, liabilities, undertaking of the erstwhile Assam State Electricity Board (ASEB) pursuant to a notified transfer scheme in terms of Part XIII of the Electricity Act, 2003.
APDCL Contact / Complaint Number : 1912 or 022-35296117 / 022-69132900
APDCL Whatsapp Number : 7575999666
To be the catalyst for Holistic Growth of the State of Assam by powering Agriculture and Industry; lighting homes - rural and urban & generating internal resources for continually improving Technology & Delivery System to induce Customer Delight.
Our Commitment is to make Assam Power Distribution Company (APDCL) the pride of ASSAM. According to the employees of APDCL, the following 15 KEY TASK AREAS should be undertaken to achieve Our Mission:
- Advanced planning for procurement of electricity to cater to the consumers according to demand
- Enhancing the capacity of the electrical sub-divisions and distribution networks by investing in infrastructure
- Expanding the distribution network to supply power to all the villages
- Increasing awareness among the consumers about economic use of electricity
- Replacement of Electro-Mechanical Meters with Electronic Meters
- To give emphasis on 100% Revenue collection, energy audit and error-free billing
- Engagement of Franchisee to improve the services to the consumers
- To set up Vigilance Cell to detect unauthorized use of electricity
- Training the employees for consumer-friendly behaviour
- To set up state-of-the-art customer care centre and carry out consumer indexing
- Strong resolve for financial discipline
- Take proper steps to increase faith among consumers
- Proper planning for an effective HT/LT Ratio
- To reduce AT & C Losses by augmenting 1-Ph lines wherever required
- Installation of underground cable in lieu of overhead lines
The ultimate object of the Company is to undertake the electricity distribution, trading, supply in the state of Assam or outside in accordance with provisions of Applicable Law and all activities ancillary or appurtenant thereto. The main object of the company is to develop, maintain and operate power distribution system in the state of Assam.
Key Function:Distribution of Power
Total Number of Consumers : 64 Lakhs
Total MU Sold : 7108 MU (FY 19-20)
Total Number of 33/11 KV sub stations : 510 Nos. ( Download List: LAR | CAR | UAR)
Total length of 33 KV Lines : 9628.02 KMs
Total length of 11 KV Lines : 95299.41 KMs
Total length of LT Lines (3-Phase) : 158124.71 KMs
Total length of LT Lines (1-Phase) : 172738.10 KMs
Total Number of 11KV Feeders : 1765 Nos.
Total Number of Distribution Transforms : 114320 Nos.
Total Prepaid Meter : 5513 Nos.
Administrative Structure : 3 Regions, 8 Zones, 19 Circles, 45 Divisions, 158 Sub-divisions